2011 was a great year for fashion. It was amazing to see our favorite celebrities take the fashion world by storm regardless of economic struggles and predictions. They brought out the big guns this year and so I wanted to capture some of the major fashion moments of the year to share with you guys!
7. Nina Dobrev stopped traffic at the 2011 Emmys when she showed up in that red silky Donna Karan number. She killed the red carpet and made a name for herself in fashion with that dress.
6. Katy Perry has had an amazing year! She did the Smurfs movie, died her hair pink, and was able to keep a marriage longer than most celebs do! She was #winning this year. When Katy wore Christian Dior Couture from head to toe most people kept calling it cheese. It was clearly geometric shapes but to each its own. She looked amazing no matter what she wore on her head.
5. Nicki Minaj caught fire in 2011 and continued to create a media frenzt with her fashion choices throughout the year. She wore Amato Couture and Shojono Tomo accessories. Her pet was Shojono Toma as well and wore Onch Movement jewlery. She was a Harujuku dream.
4. When Daphne Guinness wore Alexander Mcqueen to the 2011 Met Gala she looked like she stepped right out of a editorial shoot for a magazine and came to life. This was art at its finest and to be worn on Daphne you don’t reach a higher honor.
3. Rihanna had jaws dropped at the 2011 Grammys. Everyone could not stop talking about the see through dress by Jean Paul Gaultier and Christian Louboutinshoes. Everyone was waiting for a “nip slip” but fortunately for Rihanna her team had her bound up tight.
2. Lady Gaga never ceased to amaze us this year or any years since her big break. But she made the ultimate sacrifice to fashion when she arrived in a custom designed…egg. She was accessorized with boy-toys carrying her and one “Vanna White” inspired host, who kept us informed on Lady Gaga’s condition. Fashion critics had a ball with that one!
1. The number moment in fashion this year happened at the royal wedding. Kate Middleton’s wedding dress was iconic and will be forever remembered not only in the home country overseas but here in the U.S. as well. It caused a fashion moment so heavy that you could not turn on a station and not here someone talking about what she was going to wear, it was crazy! Sarah Burton, of Alexander McQueen’s fashion house designed the royal’s dress and it will forever be “the dress.”