Fashion trends from 2011 are rolling over into 2012!
If you’ve been living in some dull dimension for the past year, or you just never got the chance to experience color blocking back in 2011, think of this as your year for redemption. Step your game up; the movement of bright pants, colorful blazers and neon tops are definitely coming back more vividly than before. To succeed in this trend, rock three or more different complimentary colored clothing items at once and you’ll get the attention you desire, while establishing a bold and crisp new image. Color blocking is a style for individuals that are ready to break necks; it’s all about mixing and matching, baby!
Need help racking up on head-turning pieces?
Here are a few tips…
- Wear colors from the same family for a harmonious look. For example, mix bright pinks with vivid fuchsias, and turquoise with royal blue.
- Opposite colors also work well together. Try mixing regal purple with a contrasting color like fiery orange.
- For a jaw dropping combination, mix lime green with yellow, melon or rosebud pink.
- Take risks and add in printed pants or a striped blazer.
- Consider accessories – belts, shoes and hairpieces are great color balancers.
Don’t be alarmed if you see orange on every rack while searching for pieces to add to your collection. If you haven’t noticed, tangerine tango has officially been declared as this year’s chic color.
Gents, you can get in on this color action too!
Men in 2012 are confidently taking steps toward bright blues, oranges – no surprise there – and even pink. Runways this season display males color blocking while still maintaining their masculinity. This style isn’t only for women; it’s time for guys to let go of their “cool” and take a jab at the latest trends. Fellas, welcome to the year 2012, a time when color isn’t a crime.Tags: 2012 fashion trend, Blue Ivy Carter, color blocking, Emma Stone, Jessica Alba, Kanye West, Solange Knowles