Its material is as crisp as it is cool. Evoking an image of elegant simplicity, I am talking about the White Button-Down. Trendy as it is timeless, this chic garment is a wardrobe must-have. Here are five ways the simple button-down can transform any outfit into something seriously fabulous!
1. A Colorful Combo: The pairing of colored denim (trend alert!) with the classic white button-down makes for a perfect combination. The contrast between a colored bottom and white top is both simple and chic. Add a couple of chunky necklaces or an oversized men’s watch and you’ve got yourself quite an ensemble.
2. Beach Bum: Rock your button-down à la Risky Business as a beach cover-up! Corporate meets the deep blue sea in this stylish combination, as the crash of these opposite worlds makes for a surprisingly harmonious pairing.
3. Prints: Worn tucked in with a vibrant pair of printed shorts, like these by French Connection, an ensemble like this is guaranteed to impress! Flats dress it down for day, while daring wedges pump up the glamour for evening.
4. Working Woman: The pairing of a white button-down with a blazer is one for the books. This classic combination exemplifies workwear and preppy attire at its finest. Update this timeless look with bold jewelry (think color!) to brighten up the sometimes dreariness of office apparel.
5. Boho Flare: The dichotomous mixing of the maxi dress/skirt with a white button-down is surprisingly stunning. It’s effortless without looking unkempt, as the classic button-down pulls together this casual ensemble with the right amount of corporate know-how.
These are just five of the many ways in which the White Button-Down can be incorporated into your daily attire. Share with us some of the ways you’re planning on wearing this timeless garment!Audrey Hepburn, beach, boho, button-down, colored denim, cover-up, daytime wear, evening wear, fashion, french connection, Joie, maxi dress, Maxi Skirt, office apparel, olivia palermo, preppy, style, trends, white, white button-down, Workwear