Though the end of summer is inevitably a depressing time, the beginning of fall should quell any seasonal-induced depression: Fall foliage, pumpkin-spiced lattes, and most importantly, fall fashion. I’ve compiled a list of the Top 5 Must-Have Items every college gal should stow in her wardrobe this autumn!
1. Scarf: A chic scarf is the perfect way to accessorize any ensemble, and is a great shortcut for outfit repeats (shhh!). A scarf is literally a gal’s best friend when it comes to changing up a look you’ve previously worn. I love to pair scarves with chambray shirts, but they also look super cute with leather (fall trend alert!) and cozy sweaters, which brings us to the next item on our list…
2. Sweater: Lightweight sweaters are wonderful for fall. Perfect for layering, a sweater is both a versatile and highly functional article of clothing. Add pizzazz to a sweater ensemble with ankle boots and a patterned scarf. Pair with denim or layer over a knit dress and tights for a fall-appropriate look.
3. Jeans: A great pair of jeans is an absolute necessity. With a denim staple on the bottom, you can create a bevy of outfit combinations fit for fall-wear. Amazing jeans are flattering, plus they are the perfect component to the previously aforementioned items on this list.
4. Boots: Boots are a both an incredibly versatile and staple item for the collegiate fashionista. Whether rocking an over-the-knee pair, short boots, or settling with a happy medium, this fall footwear proves itself as a seasonal classic yet again.
5. Leggings: Cozy, functional, and cute? Yes, please! Leggings have become as synonymous with fall fashion as swimsuits are to the summer season. The perfect complement in transitioning a chambray shirt into autumn, leggings are also ideal when paired with oversized sweaters and shirt dresses.
With any of the above items, you’ll be sure to turn heads in the library this fall. Happy shopping!
Tell us: what are your fall staples?Tags: ankle boots, back to school, boots, chambray, college, collegiate, denim, Fall fashion, fall runways 2012, fashion advice, jeans, Karlie Kloss, layering, leggings, marc jacobs, must-haves, over-the-knee boots, runway, scarves, shopping, style tips, sweaters, tall boots