Summer is synonymous with travel. Whether a destination wedding in Bora Bora, or a cross-continental trip to visit family in Oregon, many of us will be high in the sky at some point this season. Here are my Top 10 Items every gal should stow in her carry-on, assuring a restful and relaxing commute.
1. Moisturizer: At 35,000 feet in the sky, the air is incredibly dry. What does dry air equal? Dry skin. Not ideal. Slather on some moisturizer before, during, and after your flight. Your skin will thank you.
2. Water: I cannot stress enough the importance of keeping hydrated during long flights. While your bottle of Smart Water will not pass security checkpoints, invest in a reusable bottle, such as Camelbak or Sigg. Once you’ve passed security, you can fill up your bottle at the nearest water fountain. Smart, eco-friendly, and of course, beautifying for healthy, hydrated skin.z
3. Cashmere scarf/cozy blanket: Plane cabins are notorious for frigid temperatures (warm air fosters germs). To combat the chill, a cashmere scarf or cozy blanket will ensure comfort throughout the duration of your flight.
4. Gum: In adjusting to a rise in elevation and thus a change in pressure, oftentimes, our ears pop. Ouch. Bring along a pack of gum to ease this transitional alteration in pressure when taking off and landing.
5. Snacks: Fight exhaustion, unwanted headaches, and irritability with some healthy snacks. Trail mix, granola bars, and mixed nuts keep your glucose level (and sanity) intact.
6. Ear plugs: Flying equals lots of people in a confined space. Block out unwanted noise with a pair of earplugs; they’re inexpensive and will definitely pay off when the baby three rows behind you gets cranky.
7. Neck pillow: Foster a relatively peaceful slumber and prevent stiff joints with a neck pillow. Perfect for reading, napping, or full on passing out, a neck pillow is a wise travel investment.
8. iPod: Keep yourself entertained and relaxed with music. From soothing lullabies to upbeat tunes, an iPod helps pass the time by providing a soundtrack for your voyage.
9. Reading: Planes provides the perfect time to get lost in reading. Whether a selection off of the New York Times Best Seller list, or any of several gossip rags, reading is entertainment, and entertainment fights boredom. Simple as that.
10. Antibacterial hand wipes: Despite the air cabin being an exaggerated zero degrees Fahrenheit, germs still linger. Pack some trusty antibacterial hand wipes as your defense against unwanted germs.
Share with us: what are your travel must-haves?Tags: antibacterial hand wipes, beauty, blanket, book, burberry, Camelbak, cashmere scarf, comfort, ear plugs, Gum, Gwyneth Paltrow, health, healthy snacks, hydration, iPod, Kate Moss, Kiehl's SPF face moisturizer, Kind Bars, list, magazines, moisturizer, music, neck pillow, New York Times, New York Times best seller list, planes, reading, relaxation, Sigg, suggestions, top 10 items, transportation, travel, travel necessities, water