Our favorite season of the year is almost over and I’m not talking about winter. The 2013 Oscars will mark the end of this year’s award season. Celebrities, fashion, and movies, what more could you want? I don’t need a reason to tune in but you might. So here are 8 reasons why you won’t want to miss this year’s Academy Awards.
1) Seth MacFarlane- If you are a fan of Family Guy or Ted why wouldn’t you want to watch MacFarlane make fun of the most famous actors and actresses in the world? Here’s to Stewie making several appearances throughout the night.
2) Ben Affleck- Hands down, Argo deserves to win Best Picture. Affleck also deserved to be nominated for Best Director, but we won’t get into that.
3) Jennifer Lawrence- If you haven’t seen Silver Linings Playbook, you won’t understand why Lawrence deserves the Oscar for Actress in a Leading Role. Not only do I want to be her best friend, but I definitely want to hear her acceptance speech.
4) FASHION- Ball gowns, diamonds, and tuxedos will take over the Dolby Theater this year. My best dressed prediction? Without a doubt Jennifer Lawrence.
5) Anne Hathaway- Aren’t you excited to hear another one of Hathaway’s long and overly enthusiastic speeches if she wins Best Actress in a Supporting Role? I’m not. Hopefully her performance from Les Miserables will be the only time she hits the stage.
6) Adele’s Skyfall Performance- Adele’s acceptance speech at the Grammys made me love her even more. Her highly anticipated performance of Skyfall this year will certainly bring everyone to their feet.
7) Awkward Skits- Each presenter is given the opportunity to show off their comedic skills with awkwardly planned skits. Emphasis on the awkward. Some stick to the script while others take matters into their own hands.
8) E!’s Red Carpet- Here’s your chance to see some outrageous fashion and celebrity interviews. Cue Ryan Seacrest and Guiliana Rancic.
The Oscars never seems to disappoint with surprising moments throughout the night. Remember that time Sasha Baron Cohen dropped ashes on Ryan Seacrest? Or Adrien Brody kissed Halle Berry on stage? I’m betting these stars have some schemes in store for us. The Oscars air live February 24 at 7 p.m. on ABC.Tags: Academy Awards, academy awards 2013, Adele, anne hathway, argo, Ben Affleck, best picture, dolby theater, e! red carpet, family guy, fashion, guiliana rancic, James Bond, Jennifer Lawrence, les mis, Les Miserables, Los Angeles, oscars 2013, red carpet, Ryan Seacrest, seth macfarlane, Silver Linings Playbook, Skyfall, stewie, ted, The Oscars